You will be joined by more than 200 leading cross sector thinkers and practitioners in the CaixaForum, Seville. Together, we will celebrate the achievements of the past decade, imagine the way a new future for a socially innovative Europe, and develop practical ways to achieve this new future together.
We will work together to address key questions for the future including:
- What does it take to design the future we want?
- How can we use more experimentation and participatory learning approaches?
- What is the role of research and technology in Social Innovation?
- How the #SIDeclaration can influence future policy?
- How do we need to work differently in order to tackle the challenges ahead?
This event will mark the end of the three-year European Union’s Horizon 2020 project – SIC, by demonstrating a Europe where social innovation is growing as a mind-set, adopted as policy and empowered as practice.
About SIC – know more on our website: siceurope.eu
SIC is the community for social innovators across Europe. Here you can find whats going on and who’s doing it.
Why do we need SIC?
A range of social innovation organisations and networks have emerged in Europe in recent years to tackle the increasingly complex and interrelated challenges we face today. Yet too often this activity is limited to a small but active few, and is not well-coordinated or visible enough to achieve critical mass.
How does it work?
Taking areas of known social innovation activity – which we’ve organised around ‘social innovation networks’ – SIC will strengthen, connect and grow existing social innovation communities – including public sector innovation, digital social innovation, intermediaries, social economy actors and more.
Starting from the premise that we need more open innovation approaches to effectively address societal challenges, over a three year period, SIC will run a series of on- and offline activities – including practical place-based experiments, learning, policy and research.
What will it do?
Our aim is to:
1) help deepen the knowledge and capacity of the networks to act and grow, and
2) support public decision-makers and other stakeholders to work with social innovators more effectively in solving public challenges.
SIC is a Horizon 2020 Programme funded project, and run by a consortium of 12 leading organisations across Europe. SIC will run from February 2016- 2019.